Tech Talk Tuesdays: Blogging – an essential online space!
Date: Tuesday, August 18th, 4-5pm, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (gmt or utc+10)
Where: Free online webinar in Adobe Connect virtual meeting room
About the session: Blogging is an essential digital literacy in the 21st century. This session will be structured to suit the needs of the participants but the following may be covered:
- why is blogging an essential digital literacy for both teachers and students?
- posts and pages –
- what can you write about?
- the importance of categories and tags in blogging
- how to add those wonderful widgets to the sidebar eg clustrmaps, weather, google translate, countdown etc
- the importance of commenting, appropriate commenting
- establishing an audience
- how to expand a blog’s readership
- how to create digital portfolios through blogging
- tips and hints for successful blogging
- where to find out more
Anne Mirtschin will step through a blog and demonstrate much of the above. Please join us, share in the conversations and bring your experiences and questions. Why would you say that ‘blogging is an essential online space?” Please share as a comment below.