Tech Talk Tuesdays: The Connected Edcuator
When: Tuesday October 7th, 4-5pm Melbourne, Australia time gmt+11 (Please note that we have started daylight saving time) See timeanddate for your day and time.
Where: Blackboard Collaborate Click on this link to listen to the recording
About this session: Throughout October we will be celebrating US Connected Educator Month, an initiative started by the the USA Education Department. Digital Learning of the Victorian Education Department is partnering and bringing it to the increased attention of Australian educators at Connected Educator Month with New Zealand and Norway also coming on board. This week’s Tech Talk Tuesday will highlight the notion of being connected as educators, by discussing the following topics:-
- The absolute importance of being a Connected Educator and why?
- What does a connected educator look like?
- Where can we find others to get connected – locally, nationally and globally?
- Tools that help us connect with others
- Resources available
- Examples of outcomes of being highly connected
- What are some things we can do during connected educator month?
- Conferences/webinars on offer to During Connected Educator Month
- What is on offer during Connected Educator Month?
- How can we follow the conversations? US twitter hashtag = #ce14 Australian #ceoz14; New Zealand #cenz14 and Norway #cenor14