Connected Education: A Community Connect Review
Connected Educator Month is a USA initiative to be held during August. In keeping with this theme, Connected Education was the focus of last weeks Community Connect webinar.
The purpose of this webinar was to discuss what it means to be a Connected Educator (often referred to as Networked Teacher), how people connect as well as what projects and events they are involved in. Throughout this session the terms Connected Educator, Networked Teacher and Connected Learner were used interchangeably.
Participants Shared Experiences
We Discussed Our Understanding Of Connected Education
- building relationships and communities
- learning with others beyond our walls
- sharing ideas with others
- using hybrid web-conferencing to connect participants
This INFOGRAPHIC about Connected Learning Principles was included in the discussion.
We Shared our Connections and Tools
Talked about Opportunities to Connect
- different terms often describe the same thing
- we are already Connected Educators
- both online and face to face connections are valuable
- via conversations we learn so much
- a wide range of tools and platforms can be used to connect people
- many opportunities are out there for educators to connect with others in projects, online events, communities of practice, social media and face to face events
- Listen To The Recording Here
- Visit the Connected Learning Manifesto, a global, collaborative document, if you would like to leave your thoughts about Connected Education.
What’s Coming Up?
Watch this space for details about this weeks Community Connect Webinar.