Trending Tools for 2012 – eT@lking in Review
Trending Topics for 2012 was the topic for eT@lking this week. Although the group participating was small, we covered the breadth of education – from the young through to the senior citizens. The suggested tools came from practitioners.
Participants were first asked to share the tools that they were increasingly using in their own lives or classroom.
These tools included:-
- social networking: facebook, twitter, google+
- use of the cloud:- google apps, dropbox
- curation: scoopit, pinterest, RSS feeds
- web 2.0 tools wikis, blogs,
- learning management systems: moodle, studyladder
- resources: scootle, studyladder
- tools for students with special needs:- iPads, proloqo2go, pictello
- software: MS Powerpoint
Participants’ suggestions that differed to the above, included:-
- web conferencing tools eg Blackboard Collaborate
- tablets, iPads and associated apps
- screencasting tools
- organisational tools eg trello
- email (with the senior citizens)
- most things google as people know of it
To learn more, listen to the recording. What do you think will be the trending tools for 2012? What tools are you increasingly using in the classroom or your personal life? Please leave a comment on this blogpost with your thoughts.