Educational Blogging:- Teaching Commenting and Parent Participation
What an inspiring session we had on blogging for this week’s Tech Talk Tuesdays with Linda Yollis. If anyone doubts the need for and value of blogging, this session is a MUST to view! Linda walked us through commenting on blogs, the value of comments and ways to teach students the need to make effective comments. Literacy and numeracy have all inbuilt into blogging. Linda also shared ways to keep students engaged and motivated with blogging, including guest posts from grandparents etc.
In the latter part of the session, Linda showed how she has made firm partnerships with parents and encouraged their participation in blogging activities – all of which has empowered the learning of her students.
Here is the link to the recording.
Following are some sites that Linda has shared with us
- Mrs. Yollis’ Classroom Blog
- How to Compose a Quality Comment – youtube video
- Blog post on How to Compose a Quality Comment
- Educational Blogging Wiki
- Video: Blogging is Learning
- What We’ve Learned From Blogging post (student/parent responses)l
- Welcome Video (First Day of School)
- Kathleen Morris’ How to Navigate 2KM/2KJ Blog pdf for parents