Welcome to the Australia Series!
Welcome to our blog
The Australia Series is a voluntary group of webinar moderators who prepare, schedule and facilitate free online sessions in real time in the Elluminate Live room at LearnCentral. We aim to provide relevant, engaging and stimulating sessions that will appeal to all teachers in schools, tertiary institutions and adult learning centres across Australia and beyond.
We invite you to attend our first webinar for the year on Wednesday 19 January 2011 at 8.00 pm GMT +10 in our Elluminate room at LearnCentral.
Technology during Disaster
Join us as we unpack some of the techniques used by Twitter followers and look at some of the coverage that Twitter and Facebook have had in the media during the flood crisis.
- How did we make the best use of Twitter during the recent floods in Australia?
- Have you seen some of the blog posts shared?
- How was mobile technology used during and in the aftermath of the floods?
- What was the role of phones and mobile apps during and after to keep businesses going until power is restored?
- Have you see the Youtube movies of flood disasters in Queensland, NSW, Victoria and Tasmania?
- Have you checked the maps from ABC before and after?
We will also invite you to help us plan and schedule our ongoing series of webinars for the following ‘Shows’:
- Community Connect
- Eportfolios Community of Practice
- Techno Languages LIVE
- Tech Talk Tuesdays
If you’d like to attend any of our webinars you can do that by going to our Australia Series Elluminate Live room.
Links to the recordings of each of our Shows will be located on the Show pages linked above.