With the advent of web 2.0 and web 3.0 tools we often forget about the trusty old website. There are still many fantastic websites out there that are still relevant and still high quality. Ness Crouch will share with us some reasons why Web 1.0 sites are still useful today.
Join us for a tour of several websites that have high educational value. Bring your own favourite sites to share!
Please join us 10 mins before the session commences to ensure your audio is configured properly.
WHAT: Websites for education
WHEN: 8pm (AEST+10) Thursday 24th October
When: Tuesday, October 22nd, 4-5pm Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11) See timeanddate for your timezone
Where: Link to the recording
About this session: Jenny Ashby is a well known connected Australian educator. In keeping with Connected Educator month, Jenny will share some of her “favourite things” or ways of connecting. These include
- teach meets and
- skype – including an amazing skype around the world in 24 hours with her classes.
- and more
Please join us, continue to be connected and share in the conversations.
When: Tuesday, October 15th, 4-5pm, Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11)
Where: Blackboard Collaborate Here is the link to the recording of this session.
Connected Educator Month continues this month. In keeping with the theme, Tech Talk Tuesday will a general discussion on the question of “What is a Connected Educator?” and may look at some of the following:-
- What is a connected educator?
- What does a typical day look like for the connected educator?
- Why become a connected educator?
- General sharing of any learning this week including Connected Educator Month activities, #RSCon4 the Reform Symposium Conference etc
- Impact for teaching and learning?
- Favourite ways to connect
- Special stories to share
- Questions, tips and general conversations
About this session: October is Connected Educator Month #ce13. To help promote and share on this theme, Tech Talk Tuesdays will next week, feature Sue Wyatt and the Student Blogging Challenge. A challenge that has connected educators and students across the world. Blogging is an essential tool to commence, maintain and further connections. In this session, Sue Wyatt (@tasteach) will share with us the blogging challenge, step us through what it looks like, some amazing outcomes and many connections achieved. Please join us! Bring your experiences, questions and conversations.
Here is the link to join this session.
If you would like to know of other events that might be happening during this month:
When: Tuesday 17th September, 4-5pm Melbourne Australia time (gmt+10)
About this session: This session will involve discussions and sharing on all or some of the following:
- google forms: how to use them, applications for learning and the latest features ie how to insert images and videos into the form
- the lists feature of twitter, creating groups in twitter
- some upcoming global projects
- upcoming online conferences that are free to all
- new technology that people may now be using
- technology tools of interest
Please join us, bring along your experiences and questions, and share in the conversations.
When: Thursday, 12 September 2013 8:00 PM-9:00 PM. (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney